The role of a dean in the 21st century is increasingly challenging, multifaceted and complex — the context ever-changing and the learning environment more diverse and demanding than ever. Deans and senior leaders of forward thinking and outward facing learning institutions, work with increasingly competing internal and external priorities. Not least the paradoxes and possibilities associated with developing a global perspective and implementing responsibility in leadership and practice.
Alongside this they have to manage the ever demanding cycle of transformational change required by learning and education fit for the 21st century.
The Globally Responsible Leadership Initiative, an EFMD, AACSB International and UN Global Compact strategic partnership inclusive of the PRME, is committed to facilitating innovative, pioneering and action oriented co-learning opportunities for senior leaders in the fields of management, higher education and organisational learning. Inspired by the 50+20 vision of “Management Education for the World”, and other transformative aiming initiatives, we convened a collaboratory of deans and directors acting as catalysts of change.
Following extensive consultation with Deans, Directors and Senior Leaders from around the globe, and building on the proposals received we’re pleased to announce the participation of the following institutions in the inaugural meeting that takes place 16–18 October in Guelph, Canada:
- American University of Beirut — Lebanon
- Antwerp Management School — Belgium
- Católica Porto Business School — Portugal
- College of Business and Economics, University of Guelph — Canada
- Deakin Business School — Australia
- George Mason University School of Business — USA
- Grossman School of Business, University of Vermont — USA
- Jyväskylä University School of Business and Economics — Finland
- Kent State University College of Business Administration — USA
- Massey University — New Zealand
- Othman Yeop Abdullah Graduate School at Universiti Utara Malaysia — Malaysia
- Rhodes Business School, Rhodes University — South Africa
- School of Business, Clarkson University, Potsdam, New York — USA
- School of Business, Economics and Law, University of Gothenburg — Sweden
- Ted Rogers School of Management at Ryerson University — Canada
- Unisinos University — Brazil
- Weatherhead School of Management — Case Western Reserve University — USA
- Western Governors University — USA
Together the group will create an environment in which they can work collaboratively at pace and depth, and bring more of their “whole” selves to bear on burning issues and questions of mutual concern to deans and senior leaders — and the development of responsible management education.
Sign-up below to be kept in the loop about the Cohort’s progress.