Apply Now: Whole Person Facilitating Course Sponsorship
This offer is open to everyone in the GRLI community, and especially for individuals with a deep commitment to developing as a facilitator.
The GRLI Board would like to thank the Oasis Foundation Trustees and the School Directors for their commitment to expanding whole person facilitating capacity in the GRLI community, and for their support for our ongoing inquiry into relational innovation for Global Responsibility. The Whole Person Facilitation model is being used with great positive benefit in the peer-directed, highly collaborative GRLI Deans & Directors Cohort that will have its fourth in-person gathering in November 2019.
Whole Person Facilitating, as pioneered by Oasis, stems from Whole Person Learning, a highly effective and challenging approach that emphasises the interconnectedness of all of us at all levels. A Whole Person approach to facilitating helps develop a deeper, more courageous practice when working with groups. The approach works with the complexity of the world we live and work within to co-create in ways that lead to powerful relationships and engaged organisations for the future, sustainable action and social change.
If you are interested in applying for this opportunity, please note that the five-module format will require a significant time investment — beginning 7 October — as well as travel and accommodation costs, which are not included.
The application process has three stages:
1. Expression of Interest to GRLI and a commitment, upon successful completion of the course, to contributing to the GRLI’s peer-learning Cohort initiatives as a facilitator. Due: 16 August 2019.
2. GRLI forwards successful applications to the Oasis Foundation. Trustees will make a decision based on written submissions that outline:
- What impact they believe undertaking the programme will have on developing globally responsible leadership, their supporting organisation; their own competence;
- Level of support from their organisation to engage with the programme — time, travel, opportunities to facilitate, etc;
- Ability to cover the related travel and costs for participating beyond the fee;
3. A Zoom Interview with facilitators to ensure the person is ready, open and willing to fully engage in the programme. (If more than two suitable applicants, facilitators will chose based on ‘right’ mix for programme and diversity).
To learn more and express interest, please email GRLI Executive Director John North at John.North@GRLI.org.